As a partner to South Dakota’s small businesses, First District Development Company invests in economic development activities other than lending. Student applicants were evaluated based on their academic achievements, character references, a written essay, and involvement in community, school, extra-curricular, volunteer, work, and special interest activities. The five students, who each are pursuing a post-secondary degree in a business/finance related field, to receive a $1,000 scholarship from FDDC this year are –
• Ashton Austreim – Brookings High School, pursuing a degree in Business Administration at Dakota Wesleyan University
• Matea Gordon – Sturgis Brown High School, pursuing a degree in Ag Business at South Dakota State University
• Drew Norberg – Watertown High School, pursuing a degree in Business Administration at Dakota Wesleyan University
• Landon Ruesink – Dell Rapids High School, pursuing a degree in Business Administration at Dakota State University
• Eleni Sims – Madison High School, pursuing a degree in Accounting at University of Sioux Falls
Congratulations to these award winners who are being recognized for their hard work and determination!
FDDC wishes them continued success in their future careers.